Welcome to Tatting in the Triad

Tatting in the Triad is about tatting and a little bit of everything in my life.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

boy have I got a lot to learn

I thought tat days was about learning and it is, but you have to know a lot to take the classes first. I have to learn more than I thought. I have learned split rings and mock rings this week. (of course that is with shuttle, needle tatting I am relatively strong with). I still need to learn block tatting and split chain, although split chain makes sense now that I have seen it illustrated. Our local library has the book by Janette Baker with the dvd and it came to me today as I had put most of the tatting books they have available on hold from time to time. I am learning a lot, I don't hold the shuttle right so that explains why I occassionally feel like an arthritic monkey. Watching the dvd is amazing as it gives me the time to break it down slowly. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn although I probably wouldn't have tackled it without a hands on instructor first.




One of my first cards with little tatted flowers, they have come a long way since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment